Contoh Soal Ujian Tengah Semester Bahasa Inggris Kelas 10 SMAKU
Kembali ke sekolah, siswa akan diberikan tugas kelas dan terlibat dalam kegiatan pembelajaran untuk beberapa mata pelajaran. Teks-teks menanti untuk dipelajari bersama guru mata pelajaran, terutama teks-teks dalam bahasa Inggris. Mempelajari teks-teks bahasa Inggris tentang berbagai topik, yang mencakup pemahaman dan struktur, serta melalui contoh pertanyaan dan jawaban, merupakan hal yang menyenangkan sekaligus menantang.
Khusus untuk mata pelajaran bahasa Inggris, materi pembelajaran berbasis teks umumnya membahas makna, struktur, dan karakteristik linguistik teks. Untuk memfasilitasi siswa, panduan akan diberikan tentang pemahaman teks bahasa Inggris melalui latihan menjawab pertanyaan pilihan ganda atau esai. Contoh Ujian Tengah Semester Bahasa Inggris akan disajikan, lengkap dengan teks, pertanyaan pilihan ganda, dan esai.
Contoh Soal Ujian Tengah Semester Bahasa Inggris Kelas 10
Artikel ini memberikan contoh ujian tengah semester Bahasa Inggris (UTS) untuk kelas 10, lengkap dengan teks, pertanyaan pilihan ganda, dan esai. Contoh ujian tengah semester Bahasa Inggris kelas 10 berikut akan disajikan, lengkap dengan teks, pertanyaan pilihan ganda atau esai, dan kunci jawaban.
Soal-soal Ujian Tengah Semester Bahasa Inggris untuk Kelas 10 Semester 1
I. Multiple Choice
Read the dialogue carefully and choose the best answer between A, B, C, D, or E!
1. Jack: Rita, .................
Rita: Nice to meet you.
Doni: Nice to meet you too.
A. Doni is my friend.
B. Doni wants to meet you.
C. Didn't you know Doni is my friend?
D. Please introduce yourself.
E. I'd like you to meet my friend, Doni.
2. Surya: Lusi, this is my new friend, his name is Doni. He is the director of the company.
Lusi: Hi Doni.
Doni: Hello, Lusi ..................? Nice to meet you.
Lusi: How are you? Nice to meet you too.
A. How are you?
B. Who are you?
C. May I help you?
D. How are you?
E. How are you?
This text is for questions 3-4
Good morning, I'm Lucky, Lucky Wijaya. My father is Javanese and my mother is Sundanese. I just moved here. And now, I go to school here. Thank you.
3. What is the boy doing?
A. He is going to leave.
B. He is introducing himself.
C. He is greeting someone.
D. He is introducing his family.
E. He is introducing his friend.
4. Where is Lucky introducing himself?
A. At his friend's house.
B. In his neighborhood.
C. At home.
D. On the street.
E. In his classroom.
5. It's seven in the morning. Gina is on her way to school. She said................... to her parents.
A. Good night.
B. Good afternoon.
C. Goodbye.
D. Good morning.
E. Good afternoon.
6. It's nine o'clock in the evening. Estes is going to sleep. He said................ to his parents.
A. Good night
B. Good afternoon
C. Goodbye.
D. Good morning
E. Good afternoon.
The text below is for questions 7-10!
I'm so glad today is over. So many things went wrong. I don't know why I didn't sleep at all last night. I was so tired when Mom called me this morning. I fell asleep again until Mom called me again. That short nap made me late.
I didn't have time for breakfast. I was so hungry running to catch the school bus. I almost missed it. Dad had to drive me to school. He was late for his class and was mad at me. He scolded me for being late.
I arrived at school on time. The teacher asked us to hand in our homework. My homework wasn't in my bag. I forgot to put it in my bag the night before. Usually, I check my bag in the morning. I didn't because I was late. I had to do extra homework as punishment.
After Biology class, I didn't tie my shoelaces properly. I tripped and fell down the stairs. My knee hurt and had to be bandaged. What a terrible day! Hopefully, tomorrow will be much better.
7. What is the purpose of this text?
A. To explain something that went wrong.
B. To inform about the author's activities.
C. To entertain the reader with a funny story.
D. To discuss how to overcome a problem.
E. To retell the author's bad day.
8. The generic structure of the last paragraph is called .............. reason.
A. orientation
B. reorientation
C. complication
D. event
E. organization
9. What caused everything to go wrong?
A. He woke up late in the morning
B. He was punished by his teacher
C. He came to school on time
D. His father was late picking him up
E. He left his bag at home
10. Which of the following statements is INCORRECT according to the text?
A. The author didn't sleep at all that night.
B. He fell down the stairs
C. He didn't hand in his homework
D. His father drove him to school.
E. He had breakfast before going to school.
11. Hilal: I got a birthday present from my boyfriend yesterday!
Mimi: .................
A. I'll always remember it
B. Fantastic! That's great.
C. So boring.
D. What a shame
E. Sorry, I forgot
12. Jaka: Mom! I have good news!
Mom: What's wrong, honey?
Jaka: My English teacher said I got a good grade on my last exam!
Mom: Really? Oh, ..................!
Jaka: Yes, Mom, thank you
A. No, I'm busy
B. Sure.
C. It's okay
D. Okay
E. I'm proud of you, honey
13. Vitane: Hi, Jessica, oh my gosh! What happened to your finger?
Jessica: Hi, Vitane, I accidentally cut my finger.
Vitane: How did that happen?
Jessica: I was peeling an apple and a knife, you know!
Vitane: Oh, I see. Jessica, look! The apple keeps bleeding ...............
The correct expression to complete the dialogue is ................
A. I'm glad to hear that
B. I know how you feel
C. I don't care about that
D. I'm glad to hear that
E. Don't do that
14. Beny: Why was Shifa absent yesterday?
Decka: Her father passed away
Beny: I was so sad to hear that. Why didn't you tell me earlier?
Decka: I just heard about it
From the dialogue, we can assume that ...............
A. Decka was happy to hear the news
B. Shifa was absent because her father passed away
C. Decka told Beny about the sad news
D. Shifa dropped out of school
E. Decka and Beny didn't come to class today
15. Endy: "Ouch"
Dad: What's wrong with you, son?
Endy: I fell off my motorbike on the way to grandma's house.
Dad: ................., apply the medicine.
Endy: Yes, Dad.
The correct expression to complete the dialogue is…
A. How happy you are
B. It doesn't hurt
C. You're wrong
D. I don't know about that
E. Oh my
16. Hamid: John, I'm so bored listening to Mr. Brown's speech.
Faiz: Why did you say that?
Hamid: His speech was too long.
From the dialogue, we know that Hamid is expressing ................
A. Happiness
B. Boredom
C. Anger
D. Sadness
E. Disappointment
17. Today is Wednesday. 3 days ago was ...............
A. Monday
B. Tuesday
C. Thursday
D. Friday
E. Sunday
18. A: Hi John, how are you?
B: .................
A. Hi
B. Hi, I'm fine
C. Hi, how are you?
D. Hi, very good
E. Hi, how are you?
19. Hamid: .................?
Ahmad: I'm 15 years old.
A. How are you?
B. How old are you?
C. How old are you?
D. How are you?
E. How old are you?
20. John wrote a letter to his father.
The past tense of the sentence above is .................
A. John wrote a letter to his father yesterday
B. John is writing a letter to his father now
C. John wrote a letter to his father tomorrow
D. John wrote a letter to his father last night
E. John is writing a letter to his father now
II. ESSAY
Read the text carefully then answer question correctly!
Last summer, I went to Italy. I visited museums and sat in a public park. A friendly waiter taught me a few Italian words. Then he lent me a book. I read a few lines, but I didn't understand a word.
Every day I thought about postcards. My vacation passed quickly, but I didn't send any cards to my friends.
On the last day, I made a big decision. I woke up early and bought thirty-seven cards. I spent the whole day in my room, but I didn't write a single card.
21. Answer the following questions based on the text clearly!
A. What type of text is this?
B. Where did the author sit when visiting the museum?
22. Change the words in parentheses ( ) into the past tense (V.2)!
A. Mr. Faiz ................. (GRADUATED) from SMA 1 Sawangan last year.
B. Mrs. Yuli ................. (BUY) some books for her son a week ago.
23. Translate into English!
A. Hamid sent a letter to Jakarta yesterday.
B. Faiz is not a doctor.
24. Find synonyms for the following words:
A. Sick = .................
B. Beautiful = .................
25. Find antonyms for the following words:
A. Big x .................
B. Bad x .................
Good luck!
Comments
Post a Comment